Greater Accra Region
Usher Fort was built by the Dutch in 1649 as Fort Crèvecœur is located in Accra, Ghana. It was one of three forts that Europeans built in the region during the middle of the 17th century and was a day’s march from Elmina and to the east of Accra on a rocky point between two lagoons.
Fort Crèvecœur was part of the Dutch Gold Coast. The Anglo-Dutch Gold Coast Treaty (1867), which defined areas of influence on the Gold Coast, transferred it to the British in 1868.
One of three forts that Europeans built in the region during the middle of the 17th century
Transferred to Britain in 1868.
Inside the Ussher Fort